Paycheck Protection Plan Re-opened on 1/11
The following is a Facebook post from the United States Small Business Administration:
BREAKING: SBA, in consultation with The U.S. Department of the Treasury, announced today that the #PaycheckProtection Program will re-open the week of January 11 for new borrowers and certain existing PPP borrowers.
To promote access to capital, initially only community financial institutions will be able to make First Draw PPP Loans on Monday, January 11, and Second Draw PPP Loans on Wednesday, January 13. The PPP will open to all participating lenders shortly thereafter.
This round of the PPP continues to prioritize millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $284 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses through March 31, 2021, and by allowing certain existing PPP borrowers to apply for a Second Draw PPP Loan.
𝗞𝗲𝘆 𝗣𝗣𝗣 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲:
• PPP borrowers can set their PPP loan’s covered period to be any length between 8 and 24 weeks to best meet their business needs;
• PPP loans will cover additional expenses, including operations expenditures, property damage costs, supplier costs, and worker protection expenditures;
• The Program’s eligibility is expanded to include 501(c)(6)s, housing cooperatives, direct marketing organizations, among other types of organizations;
• The PPP provides greater flexibility for seasonal employees;
• Certain existing PPP borrowers can request to modify their First Draw PPP Loan amount; and
• Certain existing PPP borrowers are now eligible to apply for a Second Draw PPP Loan.
𝗔 𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝘄 𝗣𝗣𝗣 𝗟𝗼𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿:
• Previously received a First Draw PPP Loan and will or has used the full amount only for authorized uses;
• Has no more than 300 employees; and
• Can demonstrate at least a 25% reduction in gross receipts between comparable quarters in 2019 and 2020.
Learn more: http://ow.ly/d99350D3sT8
SBA Webinar Series Flyer: https://files.constantcontact.com/7a46d2709e/d12d1b29-cd6d-4c3d-b07a-45fca744a1d0.pdf